Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's an explosion
The whole world is in confusion 
I see the metal melt then fumble
I try to get out
But the door is immobile
My seat belt holds me in submission 
I surrender. It's fate's decision 
The collision yanks eyes wide-open 
I fall by my bedside
I'm alive to die 
Again some other time

I'm walking down the street 
The heat's being a bitch
I feel like a lame puppy 
There goes a wheeling auntie
I know it's mean but we
All just stared as if she 
Was a wonderwoman walking 
Her head attacks the 
Cold concrete flooring 
Blood's spilling 
All over the street
People try to be heroic 
But their love is a hypocrite 
And she dies never knowing 
Who wonderwoman is 

Everyday I said 
I would live without regret 
Then I fall asleep 
And wake up still dead 
I know it's a vow I made 
But words are better done than said 
It's crazy how I could be so lazy 
To throw my one chance away 
Like it'll come back again 
But I forget 
That this race only has one lap

It's a meandering course 
It's no wonder I keep getting lost 
When the voices are off
When the directions are screwed up
The signs are all upside down 
And the racers are just dancing clowns 
Why won't someone upstairs 
Take an epiphany and send 
They say the road is long 
And repeats all the songs 
But they never saw 
When a car rams into a wall
It never returns 
Just disappears to dust 
And the people around 'em 
Only jerk to express disgust 

It's dangerous 
Not to mention torturous 
Like a holocaust 
Nobody escapes rebellious 
But at least we've got 
Each other's eyes to look upon 
No need to get touchy 
We'll just talk and get over it 
So come to me when you need it 
I'm here for one round so use it 
And make my life your masterpiece 
Before I lose it 

No comments:

Post a Comment